Poll: Are You Happy With The Bengals First Round Choice?
Yes
No
I was hoping for William Jackson I since this is the first round!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are You Happy With The Bengals 1st Round Pick?
I'm reserving any judgment until after tonight.

We got a good player at probably our fourth biggest area of need. We still need a starting DT; most likely we'll end up getting a gasser in the third or fourth round that will be billed as a rotational guy... because he can't play more than two downs at most before they have to roll him off the field. Which kills us in stopping two minute no huddles. We need a Center, there's a good chance we might get one in the second, but I dunno. There's a few teams ahead of us that need one, too, and there's only a couple decent ones left. And we need a WR. We've got LaFell for a season, but after that — both in terms of time and roster spots — it's all question marks. I'm guessing if we don't go for one in the second, then we double up on projects late on Saturday.

I've been a big fan of our drafting and team building over the last decade, but if we keep taking corners that never play well in the first every year, we're going to have some thin spots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are You Happy With The Bengals 1st Round Pick? - Benton - 04-29-2016, 02:43 PM