Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Upholds Nationwide Health Care Law Subsidies
(06-25-2015, 12:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: I would have preferred they approached health care reform differently. Rather than putting the burden on the consumer, go after frivolous malpractice suits then the price gouging healthcare providers justify to offset those costs from the frivolous suits. We could bring healthcare to an affordable point that would make insurance and paying for it more reasonable.

However this is the system we have for now. My world hasn't come crashing down because of it, so I figure give it a shot and see what happens.

I hesitate when it comes to malpractice reform. The idea is usually to put harsh penalties or a complete cost burden on those who bring the suit. Unfortunately, that won't do anything to discourage attorneys from encouraging suits (they'll still get paid), but it will probably discourage some consumers who have legitimate claims.

But there are plenty of ways to reduce costs. Take charting. It's done, typically, by an RN. The RN is making, depending on the state and amount of education, $20-$50 an hour. Now, with electronic charting, it typically takes longer. You can't rubber stamp or pre-fill forms, it all has to be entered by hand.

There's also the duplicitous pricing. Pay a doctor in cash, get one price. Got insurance? Pay a higher price.

Education costs also play a big hand in it. Part of the reason a doctor can charge that high is the legitimate need to recoup the investment on his education.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court Upholds Nationwide Health Care Law Subsidies - Benton - 06-25-2015, 12:37 PM