Poll: Who Was Your Favorite Player Drafted By The Bengals In 2016?
William Jackson III
Tyler Boyd
Nick Vigil
Andrew Billings
Christian Westerman
Cody Core
Clayton Fejedelem
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Was Your Favorite Player Drafted By The Bengals In 2016?
(05-01-2016, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: William Jackson III.  I did not even want, or anticipate a CB in this draft.  However, he is the gift that fell into our lap, as the absolute best pick on the board when the Bengals selection came about.  So, I'm thrilled with it.  Besides, it screws the hated division rivals a bit.

Voted for Jackson also, for many reasons:

1. After the run on all the WR's, Bengals stayed true and didn't reach for a later round player
2. With A. Jones up there in age, Dre K underwhelming, and Dennard's failure to hit the field, the pick puts Dre K and Dennard on notice!!
3. This pick sent the Stoolers into panic mode, and they reached for need (something the Bengals did not do in the first).
4. I've heard many say how good the secondary is, but let's be clear our corners' success is due directly to how good the D-line has been. Take away Geno and Dunlap the corners are average or worst routinely getting burnt, playing way off the line of scrimmage, and being exposed when the line is not getting pressure.
5. For all the above reasons, it's a great pick at one of the most important positions in today's pass heavy NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Was Your Favorite Player Drafted By The Bengals In 2016? - ShowMeUrTDs - 05-02-2016, 03:44 PM