Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confederate Flag Misunderstood?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/25/cam-newton-on-charleston-trip-i-just-wanted-to-show-my-respect/

From a guy that usually get the Immature tag:

Quote:Cam Newton didn’t go to Charleston looking for attention.
But when a star quarterback ends up on the scene of a national tragedy, somebody’s going to tweet about it.
So while he wanted to keep he trip low-key, the Panthers quarterback said Thursday the trip was important to him at a personal level also.
“Out of respect of the families, I didn’t want to say anything too much about it,” he said, via Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review. “What was done, it was done. I didn’t want to be a distraction by no means; I just wanted to show my respect.
One thing we have to realize in this life is we have to use our influence in a positive way, and that’s all I was trying to do. It was a senseless act, but at the same time, it was done in South Carolina. Being the face of a franchise that’s based out of North Carolina, it’s the whole gamut. So why didn’t I go? That’s the thing I would have had to question myself if I didn’t go. I’m happy I did it, and so much respect to those families who lost their loved ones.”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confederate Flag Misunderstood? - bfine32 - 06-25-2015, 04:46 PM