Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery
(05-03-2016, 01:23 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well yeah... That's how Fred has made a name for himself over the years. He's like the Skip Bayless of Bengal message boards
LMAO LMAO LMAO
(05-03-2016, 01:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As with most things, the truth about DreKirk is probably somewhere in the middle. Is he a really good player? No. Have we seen his best? Probably. Is he as plum awful as some think? Doubtful.

Our pass defense ranked 5th in passer rating and 4th in YPA. I'm not buying that those rankings could be achieved with a garbage starting CB. I'd sum up DreKirk by saying he's been a disappointment and a borderline bust when you consider his injuries and play. I'd also say he's at least serviceable until we find an upgrade. Hopefully WJ3 can be that upgrade.

I think this sums it up.  He is a serviceable cornerback, and "serviceable" is not what you would hope for from a first round draft pick.  You would also hope that a first round pick is starting before his fourth year.  I think that is the main point of animosity towards Kirkpatrick, and also why people are getting frustrated with Dennard.  First round picks should be major contributors before their third and fourth year.  If not, then they probably should not have been first round guys to begin with...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery - OrlandoBengal - 05-03-2016, 03:07 PM