Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery
(05-03-2016, 03:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If Dennard and Jackson both pan out, there is not place for Kirkpatrick.

I hope they all Pan out, and sure there will be a spot for Dre.

Adam Jones won't last forever and in this pass happy league, and having a 4th CB that is "serviceable" is a very nice option. I see Jackson as more of a replacement for Leon Hall than I do for Dre. Now if Jackson eventually outplays Dre, Denard and Adam, then so be it.

Look I get it, Dre was picked on a lot last year. Very few CB's are shut down, and even those guys are not perfect, all it takes is 1 or 2 burns and the stats start getting out of whack. Remember 2 years ago when Adam got burned by Steve Smith for one play and his PFF stats were horrible, and it took him 3-4 good games to get his score back up. Now for the Bengals Passing Defense to have finished where it did (adding in the fact we were leading in the majority of our games in the 2nd half thus forcing teams to throw to win), I'd say he did pretty decent. Can he do better? Yes he can, and hopefully he will this year.

Some of you rely too much on the stats from PFF to be your only guiding lights, they are nothing more than a tool that you can use to help evaluate a player along with Common Sense and knowledge of the game itself. Also isn't this the site that had Dri Archer pegged with a first round grade last year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery - Mike M (the other one) - 05-03-2016, 03:57 PM