Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery
(05-04-2016, 08:55 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: There's the real problem Shake, he's getting paid like he's the first round player we drafted. Could have been worse I guess, we could have moved up and drafted Claiborne first like the Cowboys did. What with Norman shaking up the market this year, there's nothing wrong with taking a corner in the first round, unless there's an obvious BPA at another position or we have a bigger need in another area. It may have worked out well the way it shook out for us this year.

Well Dre's actual rookie contract was only for 4 years/8 million. We picked up his 5th year option and that's why he's making the big bucks this year. In a way, I guess I understand why they'd be willing to pay Dre so much this year. It gives us the opportunity to have WJ3 "red shirt" this season and I'm guessing he'll take over next year.

I have little doubt that DreKirk will be wearing a different uniform in 2017, so getting WJ3 was probably a good move. Especially considering that all the top WRs were gone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick had offseason shoulder surgery - Shake n Blake - 05-04-2016, 12:35 PM