Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not to discredit our drafting team
(05-04-2016, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You just answered your own question.

Most people here would have been like Kiper and wasted a higher round pick on Billings.  Bengals were smart enough to get him in the fourth.

I think the vast majority of people here would have taken him in the third. But I personally wouldn't have taken him in the first or the second, as better players were available, especially for our needs.

Taking a DT in the first round would have been odd, considering the depth in this draft and Boyd was the last of the Mohicans at WR in the second.

Now, it was extraordinarily lucky that Billings was still there in the 4th (some would even think other teams forgot he was even still available), but taking him in the third still would have been a very good choice.

I'm only asking because this isn't a one year thing. The Bengals always seem to snatch up the dropping players.

Last year, everyone would have drafted Paul Dawson, Josh Shaw, Marcus Hardison, Derron Smith and Mario Alford if they dropped to them.  They were all very highly rated players.

The year before, Darqueze, AJ McCarron.

In 2012, Devon Still, Mohamed Sanu, Orsen Charles, Marvin Jones and George Illoka all were inexplicably falling.

etc.

We always seem to draft just...the best well known player if a highly rated Kiper player is falling for no discernible reason.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Not to discredit our drafting team - CJD - 05-04-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Not to discredit our drafting team - CJD - 05-05-2016, 08:47 AM