Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not to discredit our drafting team
(05-04-2016, 12:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. The Ravens have an all-time winning % (.542) that's the same as Marvin's win % (.543). Before last year, they hadn't had a losing season since 2007. They've won 15 playoff games, which is 3 times as many as the Bengals have won in 48 seasons. In addition to their 2 championships, they have 9 other winning seasons and 8 more playoff appearances. 

So basically I think it's a bit much to say they've had crap teams outside of their championships. I don't think the Bengals have reached the point where we can thumb our noses at the Ravens or Ozzie. I'd trade our success for theirs without thinking twice, even after they had one bad season.

Now if we're talking about 2015 and odds of success in 2016, I like our team better than the Ravens...right now.

The same people who are giving the Ravens crap for one bad season are likely the same people who excuse Marvin Lews' bajillion years of Bengals coaching with 0 playoff wins because he's taken them to the playoffs 5 years in a row........ ignoring the fact that recently the Ravens had won a playoff game in 5 straight years, including playing in 2 AFC Championship games and winning a SB.

F the Ravens, but you can't deny that they have had a LOT of success in their short history.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Not to discredit our drafting team - CJD - 05-04-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Not to discredit our drafting team - TheLeonardLeap - 05-05-2016, 09:33 PM