Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Problem With Caitlyn Jenner Posing Nude For SI
(05-06-2016, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If you're speaking of Jenner being a sports hero, then I wont' argue. But, we all know that people call Jenner a 'hero' for coming out as trans and that just diminishes those that ARE heroes. A rich famous person comes out as trans at a time where society has become more and more "tolerant" isn't exactly what I'd call a hero. Oooooooooooooh, she had to put up with some loudmouths sayiing hurtful and hateful things. So does pretty much EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Does that make ALL OF US heroes? No.

Now, had Jenner come out in a time and place where she would have faced real physical danger, that's a different story. Or if she had to face some mountainous climb to get to the place where she is today, that's a different story. But considering that the only change that happened after she came out is that she became MORE famous, that's not exactly what I would qualify as a hero.

Just my opinion, of course.

And you are entitled to your opinion.

But you are wrong.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Problem With Caitlyn Jenner Posing Nude For SI - GMDino - 05-06-2016, 12:35 PM