Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Shaw to get a look at safety
(05-12-2016, 09:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't know... I thought Shaw looked pretty good at corner in limited time last year. I would hate to Michael Johnson him, making him flip flop between two positions and only being okay at both rather than good at one.  Just don't want him to put on weight thinking he needs to be a safety, only to be too heavy to be a CB when some injuries or something happens.

If Kirkpatrick could tackle worth a damn, I would say try him at safety instead with that height.

I bet the bulk of his work will end up being more of a matchup guy like Hall was the last few years.  You'll see him lined up vs a bigger WR or pass catching TE more than you'll see him at safety.  I hear the reservations, but if Jackson is up to speed and Dennard can play then they'll have to be creative to get him on the field.  I'd rather dabble with having him ready for the team as coverage safety insurance vs worrying it may hinder him as an individual.  An Iloka injury would be bad, even if the staff likes Smith he's untested.  Only makes sense to have insurance, but he may end up being only that at safety. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Josh Shaw to get a look at safety - phil413 - 05-12-2016, 11:20 PM