Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The growing anti-Muslim sentiment
(05-12-2016, 09:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I could be wrong, but I don't think he was referencing me in his post. But thanks for the nod.

I have a hard time with this stuff for a number of reasons. I pay more attention to German politics than any other nation over there and the thing that I see is that there is a growing anti-Muslim sentiment and groups like AfD are capitalizing on it. The unfortunate part is that there are a lot of things that people in Germany do not agree with them on, but they aren't paying attention to that so much as they are pissed off about the circumstances they are facing with the immigrants.

That's the same in France as well.   

But the border policy of the EU has allowed these parties to come into serious play.    Plus add on the refugee crisis.   These parties would have their knees cut off had the EU just slammed the door on the refugees.    

A more nationalistic lean is coming all over Europe and to a point it will be a positive.    Hopefully there will be a balance in time.   I wonder how much Russia will end up benefitting from these parties ....   I imagine lots of economic benefits will follow.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: The growing anti-Muslim sentiment - StLucieBengal - 05-12-2016, 11:25 PM