Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citizen's Wage: A Version of the Concept
(05-12-2016, 10:20 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: We truly may be getting to the point that if you're not a systems engineer or something like that and you're not obeying direction properly, you're probably just going to get in the way.  Costs could be in the process of being driven into the ground by machines across the board.  It could very well be a future that is as foreign to us as the internet would be to people who grew up in the 1920s.  What are the alternatives if people literally have NOTHING that they can add, even if they are of average/above average intelligence?  Exterminate them?  Let them slog it out as subsistence farmers who are removed from the economy?

I have been thinking about this a bit lately. The seemingly imminent self driving vehicles made me really consider it. Driving a hack or a truck or even your own vehicle (Uber, Lyft, delivery person for pizza/flowers/etc.) has been a way for a lot of people to earn something and sometimes even a pretty good living with a pretty attainable skill for quite some time. The self driving vehicle would throw huge numbers of people out of work.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Citizen's Wage: A Version of the Concept - xxlt - 05-13-2016, 07:31 AM