Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Shaw to get a look at safety
Couldn't get through all the posts - but some quick points:

I caught up with Vance Joseph, who thinks Shawn Williams can "do it all" when it comes to playing safety. You're right - he wasn't asked to do what Reggie did because, well, Reggie was there. But VJ think that highly of him.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/05/13/cincinnati-bengals-shawn-williams-ready-to-start-not-thinking-contract/84327366/

As for Shaw - Guenther proved last year he wasn't afraid to bring Williams in at S/LB in the dime package in that hybrid LB/S role ... and I think Shaw could fill that as well over a tight end or a fourth wideout.

Forget about Leon. He had back surgery in the offseason and there's a reason he's still out there. I guess the Bengals will always leave a door slightly open ... but they're at 90 players now and I imagine they'd wait until very late into the summer. Leon was a little miffed that his outside spot was handed to Dre last year, so he may not be ready to come back as the No. 5 corner / backup safety.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Josh Shaw to get a look at safety - jowczarski - 05-13-2016, 05:11 PM