Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too many white people in top national security positions
(05-14-2016, 02:06 AM)Benton Wrote: Well, that's a concern by some. That disproportionate education funding and opportunities prohibits minorities from advancing in math and science careers.  More affluent neighborhoods receive most of the education dollars. Those neighborhoods tend to be  mostly white.

That's a cop out.  Any student with an interest in science will want to learn science. See Ben Carson who grew up amongst hood rats.

I live in a community having a school system that is always ranked among the top school systems in Ohio. People from all cultures move here because of the school system.
In our lovely community we have Black, White, Indian and Asian students. Lots of Jews. Very diverse.

Who's pictures adorn the hallways because of academic achievements in the sciences? Pick any of the above except for the black.
Walking into the place I feel like I'm in China. The Chinese kids fare the best.

You'll see pictures of black students over by the gym next to the trophy case wearing their football or basketball gear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too many white people in top national security positions - Vlad - 05-14-2016, 10:16 AM