Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too many white people in top national security positions
(05-16-2016, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Our school district has a good career technical center attached to the high school.  My daughter will graduate this year and has all her hours and already passed her test to be a cosmetologist.

Saved about $18,000 in post high school education.

And she probably could have done anything after high school but she was exposed to this and loves it.

My son will be a freshman and wants to go to college just not sure for what yet.  After a tour of the CTC he is thinking about going up there next year for electrical engineering.

Again, he's smart enough to go in various fields if he wants.  But I'll always encourage someone to get a trade if they can.

That's what we need more of.

Where I went to school has some awesome alternative education stuff. They've started engineering programs and bio sciences, but when I went there that stuff was mostly limited. They did (and still do have) lots of work ready programs. You could get two different welding certificates. I knew guys who got out of high school and started making a decent living. You could also get a CNA certificate (or license or whatever) and some other medical stuff. My wife knocked out some of her nursing classes before she ever left high school.

Not every kid is going to be a doctor. But not every kid has to be a janitor just because he went to a crappy school.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too many white people in top national security positions - Benton - 05-16-2016, 11:31 AM