Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL
(06-25-2015, 01:27 AM)J24 Wrote: I like Hue but I don't think he is the 4th best OC in the game.

Why dont you think that hue is a top 4 OC? Hue Jackson was a great assistant coach here, coaching Chad Johnson (2nd round), Chris Henry (3rd Round) and TJ Housmandzadeh (7th round) and turning them into pro bowl caliber players. Dont forget our #4 reciever Kevin Walter ended up being a #2 in houston for a couple years! If slim was still here, he would be an amazing compliment #2 to AJ green, and we would be torching teams left and right, imagine marvin jones or sanu as our #3 where they belong? Anyhow, here are the reasons I would rather have Hue Jackson as OC of OUR team (not any team) over any other OC in the NFL right now. Yes I am that confident in hue.

Bengals WR coach 2004-2006

Falcons OC 2007
After his stint as arguably the best WR coach in our beloved Bengals history, he moved on to the 2007 Falcons who were a huge disaster since Petrino quit on the team, he stood no chance to keep that job since the regime change was coming, so no fault of his own.

Baltimore Ravens QB coach 2008-2009
As the QB coach for the ravens, Hue took an average Joe Flacco and turned him into the first rookie QB to win 2 playoff games, going to the AFC Championschip game. Flacco had a less than steller performance, but he was a rookie .

Oakland Raiders 2010 OC
in 2010, Hue led the RAIDERS, yes that is right he RAIDERS to a top 10 offense (yards), 6th in points scored, with Jason Freaking Campbell at the helm leading the team to a 7-5 record, and Bruce Gradkowski went 1-3 with them. Yes, a top 10 offense with those 2 QB's, and Mcfadden only scored 7 tds and 1100 yards, so lets not pretend it was all the running game. After a 1-3 start, the raiders only scored under 25 pts 3 times the rest of the season (week 6, 9 pts @ 49ers, week11 3 pts @ steelers, and 17 pts vs Dolphins in week 12)
After a 1-3 start, Hue led the offense to a 7-5 record under Campbell/Gradkowski, averaging 27.8 pts per game, and lets face it he made chicken salad out of chicken shizznit.

Oakland Raiders 2011 Head Coach
In 2011 Hue became the raiders head coach, in arguably their best move in the past 15 years. With Al Saunders as OC, and Chuck Breshnahan (I know u guys remember this horrid DC) at defensive coordinator. In october Owner Al Davis dies, and he becomes GM during this season.
The offense went on to become the 9th ranked offense (yards), and 16th in points forced. Hue led his team to an 8-8 record, even after Chuck Breshnahan took a decent raiders defense and turned it into a bottom feeding 29th ranked in Points allowed and yards allowed.
After sustaining injured to both Campbell and Mcfadden, Hue made the most out of a rusty Carson Palmer (via trade) who compiled a meager 13:16 TD:INT ratio, in just 9 games started, with a record of 4-5 as the starting QB (Heck Campbell had a 4-2 record that season). Michael Bush was their leading rusher at 977 yards. Sadly, after a 7-4 start, the raiders fell apart down the stretch (defense and palmer ruined them, not Hue Jackson)

2014-15 Bengals OC
10-5-1 Record
Hue led the Bengals offense to a average rating in both Pts forced (15th) and yards (15th), a middle of the pack rating for his first year as the OC. I think he was still coming into his own as an OC, and instead of trying to force players to run a system he wants like Gruden did, he tailored the offense to suit the talents of his players more and more as he went along. We did win 5 of our last 7 games, although we completely fell apart in the playoffs and there is no way you're going to win a playoff game scoring 10 pts. This does fall on hue jackson, as well as his game plan. Some blame has to of course fall on dalton, but lets not forget nobody played well that day. Not having AJ green does in fact hurt us, but we did well this year when AJ green wasnt in the game and held our own. I knew once Bernard got hurt, he wasnt getting his job back from hill. Hill to me, is our answer at the RB position finally. He can do it all, but having bernard to come in for a series and on 3rd down, is the perfect relief for him. Overall, I think Jackson is the best OC for our bengals, he knows the team better than any other OC around, has a relationship with Mike Brown and Lewis, and is a great fit for us. I think Hue Jackson does in fact, give us the BEST chance at winning a superbowl. He will be the #1 candidate for Head Coach, if Marvin Lewis is fired or retires. I would have rather had Zimmer, but lets face it Hue has experience, has turned a crap team into an 8-8 team, and the offense was good in oakland when he coached there under both roles as OC and HC. How anyone can knock Hue and think that he isnt a great fit for our team, in any coaching role?
Daddy He once told me "Son you be hard working man" And Momma she once told me "Son you do the best you can" Then one day, I met a wise man, who came to me and said "Hard work good, and best is fine, but first take care of Head"   >> Proof you can not ignore the health of your mind.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-25-2015, 08:42 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - jj22 - 06-24-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - J24 - 06-25-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - DippieDo84@gmail.com - 06-26-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - jason - 06-26-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 05:50 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 10:31 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 10:29 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 05:52 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: Hue Jackson 4th Best OC in NFL - McC - 06-26-2015, 05:13 PM