Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl, 8, Choked by Man, 33, In Public Restroom
(05-18-2016, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The whole thing started because NC responded to a blanket law in Charolette.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there preemptive attempts to do this in other legislatures that were not in response to any local ordinance?

Edit: I may be wrong on this, but there are too many stories to wade through. Every one I have found has been saying some state legislature brought it up in response to something else.

I did find an interesting article that brought up existing laws allowing trans individuals to use the restrooms of the gender with which they identify, in Minnesota that law goes back to 1993 apparently. The article is over two years old and is talking about the myth that these laws increase problems and talking with people debunking them. Since the article is from Media Matters, though, I'm not going to bother posting it here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Girl, 8, Choked by Man, 33, In Public Restroom - Belsnickel - 05-18-2016, 05:42 PM