Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay marriage ruling about to come down
(06-27-2015, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have Not sure why you don't already explained it.

People think Thomas benefited from affirmative action yet he now is opposed to affirmative action.

People also think Thomas is a little to quick to claim "anyone" can overcome hardship when he was lucky enough to have a relative who was well to do that took him in.

His claims that "slavery was not that bad because they still had their dignity" is also straight out of the white apologist book of rhetoric.

I am not saying I agree with all of this, but I have explained pretty clearly why some people make these claims.  
Sorry if you don't understand.  I can't explain it in any simpler terms.

He is most likely pointing to the relative (his grandfather) when is is talking about "anyone". Yes he did go live with him after the house of his abandoned mother burned down when he was 7.

I did not see anywhere that Thomas claimed slavery "wasn't that bad". Please provide me with that link as it would be something. To me his words simply mean no one can give you your dignity; it is something that comes from within. Did someone give you, your dignity? (Do not confuse with treated with).

Sure there are folks that consider him an Uncle Tom. Matt's friends and you come to mind (previous post calling his words those of a white apologist before you ask), it's just that, unlike Matt, I choose to challenge folks that view Thomas in that light. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gay marriage ruling about to come down - bfine32 - 06-27-2015, 01:22 PM