Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain America: Civil War
(05-24-2016, 06:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Probably in a minority here, but could've been better. It wasn't a bad film, I just felt it was kind of anti-climactic. There was a lot there, but it didn't mean anything at the end of the day.

The action was good, the effects were good, the story was good. But so far, the Marvel-verse has done really well about playing off its other movies. Something that happens in one has an effect down the road in another. This one just seemed to finish up without a lot of impact so they can bring everything back around for when they need it, Infinity War.

And...

********** spoiler ***********

... having everyone walk away (well, except that one guy who sort of limps away now) after made it feel like it was just a minor tiff among some meta humans. Especially the way they teased the death that wasn't. That was kinda crappy.

Agreed.  It was a solid 2+ hours of entertainment, but I enjoyed both Winter Soldier and Iron Man 1 a bit more.  Interested to see what they do with Black Panther.  I like the actor that played him.  Agree with all that the kid that played Spiderman actually seemed like a kid, not a 26 year old.  And, yes, how soul-crushing for those of us men of a certain age to see Marisa Tomei playing Aunt May.  That was just played by Sally Field a few years ago, fer cripes sake.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Captain America: Civil War - Aquapod770 - 05-15-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: Captain America: Civil War - Millhouse - 05-15-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Captain America: Civil War - GMDino - 05-15-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Captain America: Civil War - CKwi88 - 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: Captain America: Civil War - Benton - 05-24-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Captain America: Civil War - Awful Llama - 05-24-2016, 07:45 PM