Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay marriage ruling about to come down
(06-27-2015, 02:03 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: There is ample proof that "most" anyone who sincerely wants to overcome hardship in this country can.  That's what is so great about America:  plenty of dirt poor people have become success stories.

Even his story is admirable, given that he grew up in the racist south.  Do you really think Clarence Thomas would have ended up working at McDonalds if he didn't receive help from a family member?  Did his uncle also help him with his course work at an Ivy League school?  

The left loves to make "Uncle Toms" of any black person that strays from the black monolithic group think that says we are all victims of the white establishment.  I find it patronizing and racists in and of itself:  whites are free to have varying opinions but the first black to say something contrary gets labeled a "race traitor".  Although, I completely disagree with his opinion on this issue, I don't think it makes him a "Tom" for saying it.   

Yet some will assert that Thomas had a "leg up" because his Grandfather ran a gas station in the Jim Crow South and because of his success this somehow makes him an Uncle Tom
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gay marriage ruling about to come down - bfine32 - 06-27-2015, 02:58 PM