Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay marriage ruling about to come down
(06-27-2015, 03:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Alright I guess I will have to stoop to third grade level.

Do you think having dignity is a good thing?  Do you agree that retaining a good thing is good?  Then based on this slavery was not that bad because it allowed slaves to retain a good thing.

As for why he is considered a white apologist I don't know how to say it any simpler.  When you aregue that slavery was not that bad because the slaves still had their diginity you are taking a page straight out of the white apologists rhetoric handbook.
Actually you'd be elevating it to a 3rd grade level.

Still didn't answer the questions asked. Who gave you your dignity and where did Thomas say "Slavery wasn't that bad"? He simply gave credit to the Slaves and not the institution of Slavery. Although if you can't grasp the difference between having dignity and being treated with dignity; I doubt you'll grasp that concept.

But to answer your question(s). Yes I think having dignity is a good thing. I just don't think someone has to give it to you. To use a more modern day example. There are stories of POWs from Vietnam treated inhumanely; yet they were able to maintain their dignity.

So you consider Thomas a White Apologist because he suggested that Slaves could still maintain their dignity.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gay marriage ruling about to come down - bfine32 - 06-27-2015, 03:17 PM