Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
(05-25-2016, 06:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I believe Hobson reported the injury as a sprain initially.  He probably reported what he was told.  Just like he was told Rich Braham's tibial plateau fracture was a "bone bruise."  However, the Bengals flat out lie to the media and fans about injuries.  That creates unrealistic expectations among the fans.  When a "sprain" which really isn't a sprain doesn't heal consistent with how a sprain should then we get threads like this.

You yourself reported Dennard separated his shoulder and tore his labrum and rotator cuff in the process, but the mechanism of injury for a labrum and rotator cuff tear is a shoulder dislocation of the glenohumeral joint not a separation of the acrimoclavicular joint.  A dislocation happens with a fall on an outstretched arm, like laying out to catch a pass or break one up.  A dislocation happens when you lower your shoulder to hit someone or you fall with all your weight directly on the shoulder.  I'll bet a case of beer of your choice he didn't separate his shoulder, but rather dislocated it to suffer the underlying injuries you describe.  If the Bengals told you he had a separated shoulder I don't believe them.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Breaking-down-the-Bengals-cap-situation?pid=187276#pid187276

Any idea what Eifert's real injury is?

The Bengals came out and said to one and all that Dalton may be available for a divisional playoff game last year, but I'm fairly certain that this wasn't true at all. That would have been just 5 weeks to heal and get the hand back in shape for throwing and that's not very likely. Maybe, just maybe he would have been ready for a SB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery - BengalChris - 05-25-2016, 09:59 PM