Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
oncemoreuntothejimbreech - we may one day know exactly what happened. In my story about Dennard's issues, he's the one who told me what happened. Now, he's the athlete. Could it have been a dislocation? Sure. But he said separation. So that's what I reported.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/02/03/cincinnati-bengals-darqueze-dennard-shoulder-injury/79767130/

That goes into what Hobson wrote initially about a "sprain." I'm sure that was the original diagnosis - a sprained ankle he rolled and stretched the ligaments. Clearly the team and Eifert felt that, while a severe sprain, it would heal. It has not.

As far as teams in general lying about injuries -- they'd rather just not talk about them. And the Bengals at least try to avoid putting a timeline out there because that's always speculative. Nothing changed from my initial report of a three month recovery to Schefter's "multiple game" scenario. Yes, he could miss multiple games. But, they anticipate him being back working out after three months. So that's probably the front and back end of the window they're looking at. No one said officially Andy "would" be back at any point. They only didn't rule him out. There's a difference. Splitting hairs? Truth by omission?

Honestly it's not worth speculating on what a "loose ligament" is, where it is, what procedures are available. We'll try to find out more, but we can only go with what we're told by the people we trust.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery - jowczarski - 05-26-2016, 12:45 AM