Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
(05-26-2016, 08:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd be more worried if this team hadn't gone 10-5-1 without Eifert, Burfict and many others in 2014.

Maybe it's time for us to accept that the Bengals are one of the better run organizations in football, and it's going to take more than just a couple injuries to ruin a season. Just like how the Pats would win without Gronk, we can (and have) won without Eifert.

We're actually 12-6-1 without Eifert since we drafted him, and have averaged 23.9 ppg in those games...and that's also including a bunch of other players we've been missing during that span, including Dalton.

Optimism is great, but when we lost Eifert in 2014 he was a promising and young unproven TE.  Losing him is a bit more foreboding now that he is a guy who scored an average of 1 TD per start and 13 TDs in 13 games.  

In 2013 he scored 2 of the 54 total Bengals TDs (3.7%)
In 2015 he scored 13 of the 50 total Bengals TDs (26%)

Eifert seems to have become a a key member of this offense so I have a hard time (I'll admit, I'm a downer) thinking our ability to get over losing him BEFORE he was so damn awesome and important to our offense is entirely comparable to losing him now.  

Anyways, this is all my fault because Eifert is the only player I bought a new jersey off the rack for since I bought an Erik Kramer jersey in 1996. I'm a curse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery - Nately120 - 05-27-2016, 01:01 AM