Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
(05-27-2016, 01:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Optimism is great, but when we lost Eifert in 2014 he was a promising and young unproven TE.  Losing him is a bit more foreboding now that he is a guy who scored an average of 1 TD per start and 13 TDs in 13 games.  

In 2013 he scored 2 of the 54 total Bengals TDs (3.7%)
In 2015 he scored 13 of the 50 total Bengals TDs (26%)

Eifert seems to have become a a key member of this offense so I have a hard time (I'll admit, I'm a downer) thinking our ability to get over losing him BEFORE he was so damn awesome and important to our offense is entirely comparable to losing him now.  

Anyways, this is all my fault because Eifert is the only player I bought a new jersey off the rack for since I bought an Erik Kramer jersey in 1996.  I'm a curse.

I just have a completely different way of looking at it, I guess. The Bengals will have plenty of advance notice that Eifert will possibly miss games, so I'm sure a plan will be in place. We have other players that are very worthy of being a focal point for the offense. AJ, Gio, Hill...and maybe even LaFell and Boyd.

So while I think losing Eifert could be a blow for our SB chances, I don't see this team winning less than 10 games without him. There is simply wayyyyyy too much talent on both sides of the ball and with advance knowledge that he'll be out, I'm sure they'll adjust accordingly.

Btw...Erik Kramer? The guy who came out of nowhere to throw 29 TDs for the Bears? Then attempted suicide a couple years back? I really thought the Bears had finally found a good QB when he had that miracle season. Too bad injuries knocked him off track.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery - Shake n Blake - 05-27-2016, 08:21 PM