Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(05-29-2016, 04:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Endangered species, too.

This is all over Facebook in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati with people blaming the zoo and other people blaming the mom.

I feel like you're in a public place with your child, so they're your responsibility.  They said the kid would have had to do work to even get into the exhibit.  

What I don't get is why not shoot the gorilla with tranq dart, but have multiple people aiming guns at the gorilla's head in case he got violent or anything?  The child was down there for a few minutes, so, if the gorilla was going to do anything, he could have done it.

I just feel like there were multiple other ways it could have been handled, and I assume they had a emergency plan ready for just that type of thing.

I blame the mom 150%.

The method they took was a far safer method for the kid when it comes down to it. Chances are he probably wouldnt have hurt the kid on purpose, but they didnt want to take any chance at all because all it would have taken was a mere second or two and the boy could have been killed. Also just imagine if they would have tranq'd him and the boy was killed in the process. Harambe would have been put down at that point. And the lawsuits that would have followed would have been far more costly than losing just a gorilla, as cold as that sounds.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla - Millhouse - 05-29-2016, 05:10 PM