Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(05-29-2016, 04:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Endangered species, too.

This is all over Facebook in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati with people blaming the zoo and other people blaming the mom.

I feel like you're in a public place with your child, so they're your responsibility.  They said the kid would have had to do work to even get into the exhibit.  

What I don't get is why not shoot the gorilla with tranq dart, but have multiple people aiming guns at the gorilla's head in case he got violent or anything?  The child was down there for a few minutes, so, if the gorilla was going to do anything, he could have done it.

I just feel like there were multiple other ways it could have been handled, and I assume they had a emergency plan ready for just that type of thing.

I blame the mom 150%.

1. The tranq dart would take time to work. 2. Fairly certain the gorilla would move his head once stung by dart. 3. Just because it hadnot been violent with the child doesn't mean it would stay calm, animals are unpredictable ( as are people nowadays- ever heard of " going postal ? " I agree the parents should have kept better care of the 4 year old.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla - Sabretooth - 05-29-2016, 05:13 PM