Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(05-29-2016, 06:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After watching the video, the first thing that jumps to my mind is that the Zoo did a poor job of handling the situation.  Their first order of business should have been to remove all of those screaming people from proximity to the exhibit.  It was obvious from the footage that the Gorilla was taking a protective stance with the kid, even standing him up, as to show that he was alright.

I get the point about the tranq dart potentially enraging the Gorilla, but where are the people trained to handle Gorillas?  The Gorilla was acting rather calmly.  I just feel that it was pointless to shoot first, without even attempting any other possibilities.

Oh, and that Mother should be held liable for whatever the monetary cost of a Silverback Gorilla is, as well as be under investigation by CPS for improper supervision.  Just my .02.

Once the zoo was notified of the situation, visitors were removed from the viewing area. Situation only lasted about 10 minutes or so, so I think they acted as quick as they could given the circumstance. I think one thing that should change is having a zoo employee where the visitor viewing area is at all times. 

I dont know though, it's hard for anyone that has never worked with those animals to really know what to do. I would say the gorilla's life is more important over a darwin-challenged kid, but I would get flamed for that.  Mellow
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla - Millhouse - 05-29-2016, 08:16 PM