Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(06-02-2016, 12:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've already picked a side. It doesn't have to be kid or parent. I chose the side of adults that doesn't jump to conclusions to show how great of a parent or how smart of a person they are by displaying their misguided moral outrage before they know how the kid made it beyond the barrier. 

She could have been negligent. I don't presume to know either way. My commentary is on the idiots that do. 

So it's nobody's fault.  Maybe the gorilla?  

No one is jump g to conclusions.  The kid got into the enclosure. It didn't happen in a 'second' as has been prized here, it happened across a multitude of seconds, probably a minute plus.  There are reports saying the kid was talking about going down there.  There are no reports of the gorilla grabbing the child and pulling him down into his enclosure. 

Apparently asking parents to be responsible for their toddlers is 'morally misguided'.  My 'outrage' (a gross mischaracterization itself) is based on facts known at this time. Admitted by the mother.  Conveyed by onlookers.  My commentary is on those who defend this sort of parental ineptness in an attempt to soothe their own rearing inadequacy . 

If the gorilla is found to be at fault I will make a $1000 contribution to the charity of your choice. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla - Vas Deferens - 06-02-2016, 12:54 AM