Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
(06-02-2016, 03:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You can put me in the group that says if you cannot control your children you need to pay the consequences.  That gorilla is dead because her son got down there.  She is responsible for her sons actions.  Therefore, she is responsible for the gorilla's death.  If her son had broken an expensive piece of glass or something at the zoo, would she not need to pay for said glass?  

I appreciate your waiting for all the evidence and being calm and restrained, but I just can't imagine a scenario where it could be anything but the mothers fault here.  If it was a strong gust of wind, that would fall into the accident category and I could understand not going after her.  I think we would have heard about something like that already.  There were witnesses.  Can you tell me what kind of scenario you have in mind where it would not be the mothers fault?  I'm hearing a lot of 'taking your eyes off a kid for one second' type excuses.  No way it was literally '1 second' and even 15 seconds is inexcusable given their proximity to a GORILLA.  

To be completely honest, a lot of my current animosity is rooted in an experience I had over the weekend at a HS graduation.  Extended family in front of me, all the way from the grandparents to the kid, should not have been procreating what so ever.  Little moron kid starts walking around making a bunch of noise during the ceremony, shitty parents did nothing.  Kid comes back, finally sits down and proceeds to watch videos on his mothers phone WITH THE ***** SOUND ON HIGH.  Shitty parents did nothing.  I finally had to step in and tell them if they weren't going to control their child and respect the ceremony they needed to get the **** out of the gymnasium.   We all see this shit all the time and I'm just at my breaking point when it comes to irresponsible parents putting the burden of their shittily raised livestock of children on the public at large.  

I'd say our only difference in opinion is how easily a child could end up in this situation.

We're in agreement on responsibility. The only difference for me is my first point. How attentive was she and did she have too many kids to properly supervise them?

Totally agree on demon-children. Reminds me of a time at Mr. Gatti's (pizza place). Mom was paying and getting plates and whatnot. Kids were standing up in their chairs at the table, shouting stuff at mom and generally being a nuisance. Dad was sitting right there at the table, arms crossed, ignoring the kids and staring blankly at the TV.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla - rfaulk34 - 06-02-2016, 06:28 PM