Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German recognition of Armentian genocide
(06-06-2016, 08:34 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Genocide is genocide. But I do agree with your sentiment because the Nazi's 'final solution' took genocide to an extreme calculated level never seen before nor after. 

I admit I didn't know anything about this so I did a search and found this:

Quote:The Armenian Genocide[11] (ArmenianՀայոց ցեղասպանություն Hayots tseghaspanutyun),[note 3] also known as the Armenian Holocaust,[12] the Armenian Massacres and, traditionally by Armenians, as Medz Yeghern (Armenian: Մեծ Եղեռն, "Great Crime"),[13] was the Ottoman government's systematic extermination of its minority Armenian subjects inside their historic homeland, which lies within the present-day Republic of Turkey. The number of victims is estimated at between 800,000 and 1.5 million.[14][15] 

Turkey, the successor state of the Ottoman Empire, denies the word genocide as an accurate term for the mass killings of Armenians that began under Ottoman rule in 1915. It has in recent years been faced with repeated calls to recognize them as genocide.[27] To date, 29 countries have officially recognized the mass killings as genocide,[28] a view which is shared by most genocide scholars and historians.[29][30][31]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide#cite_note-Frey2009-34][/url]

"The Great Crime" is a wonderful phrase.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: German recognition of Armentian genocide - GMDino - 06-06-2016, 08:42 PM