Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People
(06-28-2015, 12:02 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Claiming that gays are somehow the majority because they were allowed to marry in 37 states is some of the silliest logic that I've ever read on here.  

Even still, how many of those states had marriage equality due to a popular vote?  It's been repeatedly declared unconstitutional in those states, which is why it was legal...not because it was voted that way.  It probably would be voted in by a popular vote, but people shouldn't even be allowed to vote on issues such as this.  The simpletons of this country should not be tasked with deciding who gets rights and who doesn't.

Gay marriage used to be a minority cause. But it's grown to 70% of the state's approving. It's a credit to them that built a coalition. All in saying it would have been nice to see them finish it the way they built it .... I think it would have been better for the cause overall. Now there will be some who think they have gotten railroaded and will just get creative to deny so they can be difficult.

It's a shame. But this will only promote law makers to get creative with language.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People - StLucieBengal - 06-28-2015, 03:09 AM