Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Oliver Forgives $15 Million in Medical Debt
(06-07-2016, 06:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The price of toasters isn't all that high.  There is no need for a replacement program.    I could see scenario where you make an arrangement with your doctor for some sort of yearly fee.   But then since he would be insuring you he would be careful to find the best pricing.   

The price on a broken arm isn't all that high either, but you'll get charged over a thousand to have it set. Double that if you went to the ER. Done "at cost" would be a couple hundred bucks, most of that being salary.

To the bold part, that's concierge service. I've been trying to read up more on it. I spoke to a family last week from LA and they said most of the family/pediatricians in their area were switching to that. The cost was high ($10,000-$20,000 annual fee) but both the doctors and patients were happier. According to them, doctors in their area are moving from the insurance/hospital mandated quotas back to their own practice with that model, and instead of having 100-200 clients, they're down to 20-50 depending on the specialty. But from what I've heard, insurance companies pretty well hate that because the doctors order more tests and try to be more thorough.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Oliver Forgives $15 Million in Medical Debt - Benton - 06-07-2016, 06:23 PM