Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-08-2016, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you are working a dangerous job with no upward career path for something real close to minimum wage then you probably should be trying to better your position.

The fact is that there are not very many dangerous jobs with no upward career path that pay close to minimum wage.  You are talking about a very low percentage.

And I am not talking about a minimum wage of $15 per hour.  It may need to be that high in certain high cost areas, but that is a local issue.  I am talking about a federal minimum wage of something like $10 per hour.

Well this changes everything. I can get behind a 10$/hr minimum wage. There is a big difference between $10 and $15, $15 closes in on some entry level college degree requiring jobs $10 does not.. I think many would agree it needs to be caught up and 10$/hr would be a good start then adjust with inflation regularly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - Au165 - 06-08-2016, 05:20 PM