Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-08-2016, 05:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well this changes everything. I can get behind a 10$/hr minimum wage. There is a big difference between $10 and $15, $15 closes in on some entry level college degree requiring jobs $10 does not.. I think many would agree it needs to be caught up and 10$/hr would be a good start then adjust with inflation regularly.

When I was in school back in 2005, I had a Co-Op job writing Java for a insurance company and they paid me $14.50 per hour.

Now, imagine that same Co-Op job writing Java and minimum wage is $15.00 an hour. I think the insurance company would cut the program or have to pay college students $22.00 to $25.00 an hour just to get them in there. 

Co-Op jobs are a fantastic thing for college students since they actually teach real life application and how real life work is. Would raising the minimum wage close this expierience off to students?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - Nebuchadnezzar - 06-08-2016, 06:48 PM