Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-09-2016, 11:56 AM)Benton Wrote: I run into that problem with our entry level positions.

I can pay somebody slightly more than minimum wage to work nights and weekends, usually part-time with no benefits. Depending on the job, they'll have to learn a few different computer programs and, if it's editorial, be able to write and take photos. And all on a deadline, so I'm going to be coming to them constantly asking why they aren't done yet.

Or... they can work at Wal-Mart, get a discount and regular breaks, and make about the same money.

What you say makes sense to someone looking ahead or my age looking back (I started making less than minimum wage considering the hours worked and it's turned into a good career... but it's 15 years later). But a lot of the people walking through the door aren't thinking about careers, they're thinking about their next car payment and doing as little as possible to make it.

Are these the people you want anyway?  Are these people that are career oriented anyway?  I wager they are not and in the end would only be detrimental to you had you hired them.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - SteelCitySouth - 06-09-2016, 12:03 PM