Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-11-2016, 10:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Lowering the cost of living could be done but it would require a lot of cooperation...so it's not really realistic. 

For example. At my job, i buy a part for $50, mark it up and sell it for $83.95. We could lower the mark up by 18%, still make a 50% profit and save the consumer $9 on that one $50 (my cost) part. Labor rates are similar. $60+ per hour is almost criminal. 

The problem is, cost (on our part) has to rise to cover the overhead of running the business; gas, insurance, repair to equipment, etc etc. 

So it would take a massive amount of cooperation from the top down to lower the cost of living, which, as i  said, isn't really realistic. It "could" be done. But it's highly unlikely. 

Oh no doubt we could do LOTS of good things if we worked together.

But my god is better than yours, that guy over there is the wrong color, that lady doesn't speak English well enough and there is NO way that whathisface is going to make less per year just to make things better for someone else!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - GMDino - 06-11-2016, 11:04 PM