Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-11-2016, 10:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First of all, working 80 hours a week is something no one should have to do. Second, two $7.25hr jobs isn't $14.50 per hour.

1st.  Just because you think someone shouldn't have to work 80 hours a week doesn't mean a person COULDN'T work 80 hours a week.  The key to this is you don't think, as in your opinion.

2nd.  You are correct, I misspoke, what I mean to suggest is that if I were working at McDonald's at 7.25 for 40 hours, then I, personally, myself, would not hesitate to walk over to Burger King and work 40 hours with them for 7.25 as well.  Sure someone could make 14.50 and only work 1 job and that is good for them and they must have a skill that allows them to command such a rate.  However if I were so unskilled and unwilling to do the jobs that have a higher risk of danger to them and only wanted to work in fast food, then in order to make the same in one week as the 14.50 guy, I would have to work 2 jobs to equal that person's pay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - Sovereign Nation - 06-11-2016, 11:23 PM