Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
There are a lot of reasons, but one has to do with building codes in many areas. In many places to build a new home nearly everything in the structure has to be new and of course space requirements. Take a drive through most new housing and you'll see these huge structures that could actually accommodate several families with bedrooms twice the size of the house I grew up in. They're in essence McMansions for about 3 or 4 family members. I grew up in a 4 bedroom house with a living room about the size of most bathrooms today . I can remember the tract housing built in the 50s and 60s, just one floor, one roof, but try to find one on today's market and you'll be damned hard pressed to find one instead you'll find multiple roofs on a half acre of completely useless land where all of the top soil has been stripped off.. But don't forget the privacy fences.. Everyone has to have a privacy fence so the neighbors don't see the weeds growing in your backyard..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - grampahol - 06-13-2016, 07:38 PM