Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-13-2016, 12:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why shouldn't someone have to spend every waking minute working to get by? Because it's not healthy? Because it seems to be in contrast to the "American Dream"? Because it makes it impossible to be any kind of participant as a father/mother or spouse?

This seems like a trick question... I'm interested to know why you posed it.

I'm not sure 80 hours a week is "every waking minute". Many small business owners work 80 hours or more per week. Hell I spent over 20 years in the Military and a typical day was around 14 hours (5-7). Sometimes more, sometimes less. This does not count time in the field or deployed. I could do 80 hours in about 4 days. A firefighter works in excess of 50 hours each week. Farmers probably do about 100 hours a week.  

If that's what it takes to get by, that's what it takes to get by; nobody owes you anything. You mention family; you do realize an man and wife each working 40 hours a week is 80 hours. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - bfine32 - 06-13-2016, 10:19 PM