Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-13-2016, 10:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure 80 hours a week is "every waking minute". Many small business owners work 80 hours or more per week. Hell I spent over 20 years in the Military and a typical day was around 14 hours (5-7). Sometimes more, sometimes less. This does not count time in the field or deployed. I could do 80 hours in about 4 days. A firefighter works in excess of 50 hours each week. Farmers probably do about 100 hours a week.  

If that's what it takes to get by, that's what it takes to get by; nobody owes you anything. You mention family; you do realize an man and wife each working 40 hours a week is 80 hours. 

This forum truly boggles the mind sometimes...

Two people working 40 hours isn't one person working 80 hours. 

Besides all that...the examples you gave are a bit different than your average American working those hours. It's pretty obvious that some people need/want to work that much for various reasons. 

I just erased about 2 paragraphs because it dawned on me that the disconnect is between an individual and their willingness to better themselves or to adjust their lifestyle, vs my statement that someone shouldn't have to work 80 hours a week to get by, in detriment to having any kind of life outside work. Apples and Oranges. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - rfaulk34 - 06-13-2016, 10:54 PM