Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People
(06-29-2015, 01:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: they aren't allowed to have a moral objection?

Where is the responsiblily of the people come into play?   Unless the pastor is going into the voting booth and making their selections.  

I advocate for what I think is right with my friends, church members, etc...    Where do you get they are forcing anyone ?

I'm not saying it's the rule, but there are more than 0 cases of religious organizations removing membership and status based upon what they see as dangerous political dissension.  Again, you are dismissing this as an issue based upon your own (intentional?) lack of research.

I watched a high-ranking religious figure turn a woman's entire family against her for getting a divorce from her abusive husband. Sure, the family is to blame for being so easily controlled, but it's rather naive to simply assume religion can't strong-arm people into doing things. Wait, aren't you the same person who thinks Islam makes people into maniacal killing machines? I get it, white people religion never makes people do stuff...it's just a nice little suggestion!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People - Nately120 - 06-29-2015, 02:11 PM