Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember The Judge That Screwed My Family?
(06-14-2016, 01:09 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, please enlighten us.

25 years for a first adult offense is actually quite a significant prison sentence.  Especially for an eighteen year old.  I am mortally sick of ***** amateurs who think they know about the criminal justice system because they watched an episode of Law and Order.  Are you upset with the People because they offered the guy twenty years in exchange for a guilty plea?

The above post is pretty accurate. I've pointed out in other threads that sex offenders (including those with child victims) often receive no prison time when convicted of a felony and instead their entire sentence is probation. Look at the Brock Turner case that is all over the media now - he got six months prison time for three felony convictions, and three years probation! While people are losing their minds over his sentence, it is actually not out of the ordinary.

So, some people would be cheering Bartlett for tacking on five years and cheering the Kenton County Prosecutor for offering 20 years for the plea and not five years of probation for the plea.

The good news is, our culture seems to be reassessing its values. There is increasing pressure for non-violent drug offender sentences to be lessened and for sentences for sex offenders to increase. It is progress, albeit long overdue.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember The Judge That Screwed My Family? - xxlt - 06-15-2016, 09:11 AM