Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama: Calling ISIL 'Islamic extremists' would accomplish nothing
(06-15-2016, 06:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That right there is where my question comes in.

I understood that.  But in order to compare whether the call for religious terminology in characterizing a terror attack differs based on the religion (not whether it should differ, but somehow differs in a real situation), depends on instances where one religion was not mentioned and another was.  So, I will reduce this to saying that, it is my belief (off the top of my head) that we don't have two such events for comparison.  But, if anybody can provide me the other half of this comparison based on a real event, then that will color my view of (any) religious bias in the coded terminology.

The last known terror attack where "Christianity" may have been the root cause that I can remember was IRA related attacks. I do not feel confident in saying this statement however. We probably still see some Christian attacks against gay people in Africa and such, but there are no global based terror organizations that I can think of, where Christianity (or some perverse interpretation thereof) is the root of the problem
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama: Calling ISIL 'Islamic extremists' would accomplish nothing - masterpanthera_t - 06-15-2016, 06:17 PM