Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state
(06-16-2016, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all you don't raise all the food you eat.

Second, many people don't have access to any land at all.  The population of New York City is over 8 million.  Even if each person could grow all the food they need on 1/4 acre (which is not true) then  that would require 2 million acres of land.

I grow a garden.  I think everyone should have a garden.  But I know that it will never work for everyone to try and grow all the food they need.

You are correct I don't grow all my food. I have even stated that I don't. The point was lowering my cost of living which my anecdotal evidence shows.

Now I have never claimed that a person needed 1/4 acre to grow everything, only that quite a but could be grown on that amount of land.

I will also tell you that aquaponics can be used in smaller spaces than you think. I have already posted some videos, feel free to watch more.

The point again is to lower MY cost of living and encouraging others to do the same. Lowering the cost of living of people will help more than raising the minimum wage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The hourly rate you need to afford a two-bedroom apartment in every state - Sovereign Nation - 06-16-2016, 01:21 PM