Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Enlightening Facts About Gay And Trans People
(06-17-2016, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, equal rights.  What an individual does after attaining those rights, is up to them.  They can choose to study in school, get a job, become a successful American;  Or they can claim the world is rigged against them, and support thug life and street cred, all while getting a check, courtesy of the workin' folk.  You know, because workin's for sukkas...

Which makes me curious to see how the gay community trends, after getting equal rights.

So gays and minorities are on perfectly equal footing because you declare them to be?  Oy, I posted a single study (there have been more) where blacks faced employment discrimination and it was buried in a pile of "Discrimination isn't real because I say so" posts.  Now we are talking about gays, who can still be fired for being gay in certain places mind you, and again equality has been declared for some reason.

In both cases we are talking about real empirical examples showing how being black/gay can negatively impact a person's ability to work and improve his/her life and both times we are just told to believe that everything is equal.  Hell, you went one better and not only declared that blacks have an equal shot at things, but they squander their equality in order to be lazy and blame it on someone else.  Harsh.

(06-17-2016, 09:16 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I knew that would be the response...

This ladies and gentleman is what we call a laughably weak argument. You can't make a claim and then tell someone asking for evidence to find it themselves. Well you can, but it makes your point look stupid. Don't say something is proven if you have no interest in providing the proof.

There is documented housing and job application bias in regards to black applicants and you can be fired in multiple states for "being gay" in the United States.  Please prove to me that these things, which are real and exist, are fake and I might begin to believe that being a straight, white male has done me zero favors. I posted a link to a recent study from Auburn on the application bias and it was ignored in favor of message board anecdotes and bs, which I deserve for debating politics on a message board, admittedly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10 Enlightening Facts About Gay And Trans People - Nately120 - 06-18-2016, 04:26 PM