Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People
(06-30-2015, 03:39 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I see your point ... And it's not my lack of research.  I just see religion differently than you I suppose.  I have never seen any church that I have been associated pull any of this... And quite frankly if I saw or expierenced that I would question immediately and leave the church to find one that was reasonable.  

The church is our place to worship how we want to worship.    In our instance  (my family) we choose how we worship and what's important to us.   So that's how we choose our church.  

And to be clear if any church or group commands or pushes you to support something that doesn't feel right.  Then you need to leave.

And only an idiot uses absolutes so I know there is some Backwards church doing exactly what I believe is wrong.    It's the individuals that have to decide.   That's why I think it's not a church problem.  Because it's up to the individules.

In all fairness I've never seen a church with which I have been associated (all 1 of 'em) pull this sort of thing either, but even locally I've seen churches that lack scruples and parishioners who lack backbones.  So it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Regarding Marriage Equality, I'm Proud of the American People - Nately120 - 06-30-2015, 10:05 AM