Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Teachers Fight Education Cuts by Winning Elections
(06-30-2016, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: That's the way a democracy should work. When people see something wrong, they let others know and get enough support behind fixing an issue.

We've got a local rep race this year and the challenger is a school administrator. She's running as a Republican because (mostly) of her pro-life and religious beliefs, but a big part of her campaign is expanding pre-school, expanding education opportunities and increasing support for adoptive parents. There's nothing fiscally conservative there, if even a third of her ideas are implemented state-wide it would cost hundreds of millions. But I think that's what we've been seeing and will continue to see out of the GOP, that conservative Christians are going to be breaking away more from fiscal conservatives and pro-business Republicans.

I agree.. My dad didn't like the way our citys council was running the city into the ground so he ran and became a member of the council and is trying to change things from within.   (which unfortantely takes a while because you have to replace some of the others on the board or change their thinking...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oklahoma Teachers Fight Education Cuts by Winning Elections - XenoMorph - 06-30-2016, 03:17 PM