Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NYJ DL Sheldon Richardson suspended for Bengals game
(07-01-2016, 08:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just to put in perspective how much more Burfict means to the defense compared to Atkins...

2013: before Atkins went down the team was giving up 18.44 ppg, and 325 ypg. After Atkins went down the defense gave up 19.85 ppg and 280 ypg. The defense actually didn't miss a beat, and Atkins missed pretty much half of the season.

2015: w/o Burfict the defense gave up 20.33 ppg, and 370 ypg. With Burfict the defense gave up 15.7 ppg, and 294 ypg. That's a pretty huge difference in defensive performance.

I think this easily shows that Burfict is our MVP on defense.

Yes, because everything else was totally the same between 2013 and 2015. No variables there! No difference in opponents, or coaching, or anything.  Ninja

I could follow your logic and say something like "The Bengals were 5-2 without Atkins. They were 6-0 without Burfict. This easily shows that Atkins is our MVP on defense." but it would have the exact same problems as your previous statement.

Not even touching how Mike Zimmer (the D coach in 2013) knows how to get meh players to produce good results as a team.
- - - - - - - - - - - -- - -

Instead I will play a game.. it's called "Is he the best at his position?"

Is Geno Atkins the best DT in the league? Yes.
Is Vontaze Burfict the best LB in the league? No.

Done.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYJ DL Sheldon Richardson suspended for Bengals game - TheLeonardLeap - 07-02-2016, 01:51 PM